- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
The CCB-8, a constant directivity horn made in collaboration with Don Keele, is one of the industry’s best performing speakers when it comes to smooth, musical, off-axis response. Inspired by the HSU subs, the CCB-8 offers a variable tuning feature that gives you the most flexibility for dynamic range and output.
- 8” woofer most dynamic of the two speakers (plays louder and cleaner)
- More efficient than the HB-1 MK2 (higher output per watt)
- Constant directivity horn coaxial speaker
- Point source ensures no lobing effects because you’re always the same distance from the woofer and tweeter
- True constant directivity (circular) horn allows for a smooth, musical, off axis response regardless of whether you’re vertically, horizontally, or even diagonally off axis
- Horn loaded coax gives increased efficiency in the higher frequencies
- Maintains linear responses even when 15 degrees off axis
- Variable tuning gives you more flexibility
- 2 ports open: most dynamic range (louder and cleaner)
- 1 port open: more extension (plays lower) but slightly less dynamic range
- Sealed: will roll off early, and provides the least dynamic range but has a smoother roll off
- You can rotate the CCB-8 so it sits vertically, horizontally, or even diagonally without affecting the sound, giving more flexibility for placement to fit into your room.
- Magnetic round grille that allows you to rotate by 90 degree increments seamlessly so you can place the CCB-8 on any side to fit your room
- Enclosure designed to evenly distribute standing waves/modes
More Product Details & FAQs
How we distinguish our products from others
What distinguishes HSU from the rest is that we are an engineering driven company. This is reflected in the quality of our products.
It is common for other companies to focus on cosmetics and marketing gimmicks. They follow the marketing adage to "sell the sizzle, not the steak". HSU is different. We focus on pure audio engineering and on building a better mousetrap. We obsessively concentrate on product performance and reliability. Each HSU product is carefully engineered by Dr. Hsu to provide "high-end" sound in its specified room type. High-end means the best of the best. We hope you will agree.
Attention to customers is another differentiator. Dr. Hsu, founder of HSU, consults privately with customers on a daily basis. This demonstrates his commitment to product quality and home integration. There are few companies who can make that claim.
30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you have 30 days from receiving the item to begin the return process. The customer is responsible for organizing return shipping and ensuring the safe transit of the product(s). We will refund the complete purchase price, minus any shipping charges, after our technicians review the return. The refund happens under four conditions:
(1) all items must be in "like new" condition, (2) there must not be any missing items, (3) the product needs to be in transit back to Hsu Research within 30 of delivery (4) you must call us to receive an RMA number. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in the item being refused, or you may be charged a 15% restocking fee. In the event that the item(s) returned arrives damaged, the customer is responsible for filing any claims with their courier. Package Orders: In the event that you receive the unit(s) damaged, a replacement unit(s) will be shipped out at no cost to you. However, if you decide to return the entire package, you will be responsible for all shipping and handling charges both ways for all returned items and the same terms as stated above will apply.
If the shipment is rejected, or if the item is sent back to Hsu Research due to failed delivery, by no fault of Hsu Research, the customer will be responsible for shipping both ways.
Hsu Research reserves the right to modify the 30-day tryout policy without notice.
Fast, Insured FedEx Ground Shipping
Products are normally shipped with low cost, insured, FedEx Ground with signature required to any destination in the lower 48 states. Due to the cost of the item, we do prefer to send it with signature required. However, if the customer would rather send the item with no signature required, the customer can request that in the comment section.
Note that for no signature required:
1) Once the package is delivered, Hsu Research no longer assumes responsibility for the package.
2) Due to the value of the package, it is ultimately up to the FedEx driver's discretion whether to require a signature or not.
We cannot modify the signature requirement after shipping. If you want to have the signature requirement removed, you would need to inform us, in the comment section, when you place the order.
Depending on the location, many items shipped can be held at a nearby FedEx Print & Ship Center. Please contact email@example.com or check the FedEx website to find the nearest location to you.
Shipping times within the 48 states are typically 1-5 business days depending on the location. Note that shipping and delivery times are estimates only and are not guaranteed. Hsu Research is not responsible if the shipment is delayed. The day your order is shipped, your FedEx tracking number will be emailed. For online orders, we also update your tracking page with the tracking information. If you do not receive it, be sure to check your spam folder, as some emails tend to end up there. If you are unable to locate the tracking number, give us a call or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to provide you with the tracking info.
For orders shipped outside of the contiguous United States, there will be an additional shipping and handling charge. Email email@example.com for a shipping quote.
It is strongly recommended that you inspect the item as soon as it is delivered. If the item has arrived damaged, Hsu Research must be notified within 21 days of receiving the item.
Do you offer a local pickup option?
Yes, we offer local pickups. If you would like this option over shipping, please give our office a call. It's important to note that for local pickup, you won't be able to pay using PayPal. But all other forms of payment are acceptable.
Jim Wilson, Home Theater Shack
I'm willing to bet you've never heard a speaker this size sound this good... the results achieved are incredible. Great products, great company, great value. What else is there to say?
Todd Anderson, AV Nirvana
From the first moments of my initial listening session, the CCB-8 confidently exposed its most potent strength: detailed sound... In fact, new details nestled within some of my favorite albums sprung to life – which, frankly, shocked my ears...musical detail was simply off the charts, magnifying every breath, string squeak, lip smack, and recording imperfection. It also exhibited beautiful depth of sound (especially in the bass region)...
Doug Blackburn, Widescreen Review
The CCB-8 does a very good job of making each element in a complex sound mix clear and distinct. The CCB-8s also do something I don’t encounter very often. The center image remains centered when your listening position is well to the left or right of center. Last time I heard this effect, it came from a very expensive pair of German MBL Radialstrahler loudspeakers that featured three omni-directional drivers.
The CCB-8 loudspeaker, as with other Hsu Research subwoofers and loudspeakers, provides an awful lot of performance for a modest amount of money. Those who value wide and uniform dispersion, an easy-to-drive combination of sensitivity/efficiency and impedance, fantastic transient performance, lots of detail, excellent value for money, and that seven-year warranty should seriously consider the CCB-8 loudspeaker.
Cynthia Johnson, Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity
The new CCB-8 speakers were a real treat to listen to, sounding very clean and balanced as you move around the room.
Jim Wilson, Home Theater Shack, Dec 2015
"Taken as a whole, the HSU Research ULS-15 MK2 may be the best value going in the 15" subwoofer market. At less than $850 shipped it represents an amazing bargain, yet it's not just the low price that makes it stand out. This subwoofer was executed to near perfection by HSU; from its appearance to the obvious attention to detail - and of course the magnificent sound quality - they nailed every aspect."
Read Full Article
Tesseract, AV Nirvana
Amazing sound, the 2.1 package (CCB-8 plus VTF-1 MK3) totals only $1100. One of the budget leaders among the uber showings here at the 2017 AXPONA
I thought your demo was a breath of fresh air. You did not have to use exotic electronics or overpriced cables to achieve what I considered to be the best sound I heard at the whole show. Just a common Onkyo receiver and lamp wire were sufficient to deliver high quality sound to your amazing speakers. I could have listened to your CCB-8 all day. I will certainly put them on my list when I am ready to purchase a new pair of speakers.
Up to 7-Year Warranties
30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Personalized Customer & Tech Support
Eco-friendly Energy Consumption