- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
The reason for the bass optimizer is that TN series tube subwoofers are all overdamped bass reflex systems that need special equalization for flat extended bass. They also need infrasonic filtering to keep bass frequencies they cannot handle out of them. To date, you need to get our amplifiers or High End Crossover to achieve this. The Bass Optimizer changes this. Now you can get the same bass extension and protection from infrasonics using your amplifer.
The Hsu Research Bass Optimizer is a small equalizer box that allows users to achieve a flat extended bass response from our TN series subwoofers while using their own power amplifiers. To power a TN series subwoofer, an amplifier must be rated at 200 watts at 4 ohms. You should have some sort of low pass crossover functionality in the receiver or preamp processor. Dobly Digital and DTS processors have such functionality. Otherwise, you will need the High End Crossover or a Hsu Amplifier which have low pass crossovers built in.
Setup is straight-forward. Most people take the line-level subwoofer signal from their Dolby or DTS processor and feed that into their Bass Optimizer. They then take the Bass Optimizer line-level output and run that to their external amplifier.
- Level control for adjusting the subwoofer level.
- Stereo/Mono bass selection.
- Selectable Equalization (TN1220HO or 1225HO)
- 12 dB per octave infrasonic filter. If the front switch is set to EQ 1, the infrasonic filter is at 15 Hz. When set to EQ 2, it is at 22 Hz.
More Product Details & FAQs
How we distinguish our products from others
What distinguishes HSU from the rest is that we are an engineering driven company. This is reflected in the quality of our products.
It is common for other companies to focus on cosmetics and marketing gimmicks. They follow the marketing adage to "sell the sizzle, not the steak". HSU is different. We focus on pure audio engineering and on building a better mousetrap. We obsessively concentrate on product performance and reliability. Each HSU product is carefully engineered by Dr. Hsu to provide "high-end" sound in its specified room type. High-end means the best of the best. We hope you will agree.
Attention to customers is another differentiator. Dr. Hsu, founder of HSU, consults privately with customers on a daily basis. This demonstrates his commitment to product quality and home integration. There are few companies who can make that claim.
30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you have 30 days from receiving the item to begin the return process. The customer is responsible for organizing return shipping and ensuring the safe transit of the product(s). We will refund the complete purchase price, minus any shipping charges, after our technicians review the return. The refund happens under four conditions:
(1) all items must be in "like new" condition, (2) there must not be any missing items, (3) the product needs to be in transit back to Hsu Research within 30 of delivery (4) you must call us to receive an RMA number. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in the item being refused, or you may be charged a 15% restocking fee. In the event that the item(s) returned arrives damaged, the customer is responsible for filing any claims with their courier. Package Orders: In the event that you receive the unit(s) damaged, a replacement unit(s) will be shipped out at no cost to you. However, if you decide to return the entire package, you will be responsible for all shipping and handling charges both ways for all returned items and the same terms as stated above will apply.
If the shipment is rejected, or if the item is sent back to Hsu Research due to failed delivery, by no fault of Hsu Research, the customer will be responsible for shipping both ways.
Hsu Research reserves the right to modify the 30-day tryout policy without notice.
Fast, Insured FedEx Ground Shipping
Products are normally shipped with low cost, insured, FedEx Ground with signature required to any destination in the lower 48 states. Due to the cost of the item, we do prefer to send it with signature required. However, if the customer would rather send the item with no signature required, the customer can request that in the comment section.
Note that for no signature required:
1) Once the package is delivered, Hsu Research no longer assumes responsibility for the package.
2) Due to the value of the package, it is ultimately up to the FedEx driver's discretion whether to require a signature or not.
We cannot modify the signature requirement after shipping. If you want to have the signature requirement removed, you would need to inform us, in the comment section, when you place the order.
Depending on the location, many items shipped can be held at a nearby FedEx Print & Ship Center. Please contact email@example.com or check the FedEx website to find the nearest location to you.
Shipping times within the 48 states are typically 1-5 business days depending on the location. Note that shipping and delivery times are estimates only and are not guaranteed. Hsu Research is not responsible if the shipment is delayed. The day your order is shipped, your FedEx tracking number will be emailed. For online orders, we also update your tracking page with the tracking information. If you do not receive it, be sure to check your spam folder, as some emails tend to end up there. If you are unable to locate the tracking number, give us a call or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to provide you with the tracking info.
For orders shipped outside of the contiguous United States, there will be an additional shipping and handling charge. Email email@example.com for a shipping quote.
It is strongly recommended that you inspect the item as soon as it is delivered. If the item has arrived damaged, Hsu Research must be notified within 21 days of receiving the item.
Up to 7-Year Warranties
30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Personalized Customer & Tech Support
Eco-friendly Energy Consumption